Admin December 14, 2017
Admin December 16, 2017
Admin December 19, 2017
Admin December 27, 2017
Admin January 4, 2018
A Comprehensive Guide to Writing Excellent Analysis Essays
Whether you are in the elementary school or pursuing your masters at a University, essays are something that remains constant throughout your student life. Of course, the requirements get more complex, and the topics start to sound more difficult as you climb higher in the academic stairs, but it is almost impossible for the students to continue their academic pursuit without facing an essay assignment. So, if you still get intimidated by the thought of essay writing, it is time to face the fear and learn how to draft an incredible essay.
Well, if you are a college student, you are expected to write an analysis essay, which is usually a little different than what you have written during your school days. An analysis essay is more of an analytical overview of a research paper, a company, a movie, a book or an event which provides the reader with a broad understanding of the content. Students are usually asked to write a literary analysis essay which is basically an analytical overview of a book or a piece of literature (poem, novel, prose, story, etc.). But how would you write it? Well, the professional writers follow a set of rules and guidelines while drafting analysis essay and if you want to prepare an impressive analysis essay, you will require following the same guidelines.
- Learn the basics
Before you start writing an analysis essay, you need understand the fundamentals of analysis. Drafting an analysis essay isn’t same as describing a topic in an ordinary way. You need to be very particular about the oddness and essence of the topic. You need to cover the following objectives throughout the paper while working on a literary analysis essay.
- Elucidate the meaning of the topic
- Give an objective analysis of the topic
- Do a comparison between the topic of the essay and something relevant. You can perform this step simply by discovering the pros and cons of the topic and what it is being compared to.
- Assess the subject by presenting an argument and defending that argument with solid proof to back the opinion.
You’ll need to prepare a thesis statement, which is technically the core of the argument. You need to express your claim (or argument) in a single sentence that will give the readers a brief idea of what the essay is all about.
- Get started with the analysis essay
To draft an analysis essay, you need to come up with an argument which you can defend throughout your essay. Now as we told earlier, a thesis is the essence of the argument, and you will need to express your claim in just one sentence in the form of a thesis statement. Once you are done writing the thesis statement, you'll need to plan how the essay should be approached to justify that thesis statement. Here's what you should do.
- First of all, define the objective of your analysis. You cannot cover each and every aspect of the given topic. So narrow it down. An analysis essay on "To Kill a Mockingbird" may sound vague. An analysis essay on the racial inequality described in the novel can be an easier to prepare. Besides, you have a limitation of words, so be specific while drafting.
- Perform thorough research work, using both offline and online material to clarify the issue mentioned in the thesis statement.
- Determine the significant parts of the issue by thoroughly checking each portion individually to discover how it works.
- Determine the links between those various aspects of the topic.
- Solve the main problem using the information you found through the aforementioned steps.
By the time you'll be done performing these steps, you'll develop a decent understanding of the topic as well as the thesis statement. Now you need to create an outline for the paper which will function as the plan of action.
- Draw the outline
When you are going to create the outline for your analytical paper, you need to follow a particular format to perform that step. An essay generally consists of five paragraphs which include the following segments:
- Introduction (the first paragraph)
- The body (the next three paragraphs)
- Conclusion ( the final paragraph)
You need to use all the gathered information and the arguments in these five paragraphs. The best way to utilize this structure is by choosing the top three arguments and explaining them individually in one body paragraph each.
- Select a topic
The title of the essay is the first thing that catches the reader’s attention. So if you want to make a great first impression with your essay, you need to decide a compelling title for your analysis essay. Experts believe that an ideal essay title should cover these following factors:
- Impress and engage the reader
- Grab the reader’s attention by being unique
- Offer a comprehensive description of the content of the essay with the help of a few precisely chosen words.
The next stop is writing the main content of the essay.
- Begin with the introduction
As the name gives away, an introduction introduces the readers to the topic, but before you start writing the introduction of an analysis paper, there are certain factors that you should know. The basic objective of the introduction is to hook the reader from the very beginning. You need to present the topics and the issues in an interesting way so that the readers keep reading the essay.
- Start with a general introduction to the topic to provide the readers with a lead-in.
- Then introduce the thesis statement which will shift the readers from a generalized introduction to a more specific space where you tease the important topics and your unique take on the topic.
- Finally, present a general outline of the essay paper.
Now that you have introduced the topic in a specific manner to the reader, it’s time to elucidate the arguments in the body.
- Get going with the body
Body is the most significant part of the essay, so you should pay more attention to it while drafting. This is the segment where you put across your opinions are arguments about the topic and provide significant evidence to support your claim. Make sure you have collected all the essential information before you start writing the body because you need to provide comprehensive content in this segment. Also, keep these following things in mind when you are drafting the body.
- Talk about one argument in each of the paragraphs. In some cases, the arguments can address multiple issues though.
- Maintain objectivity throughout the essay, even while expressing your opinion. An unbiased analysis adds more value to the essay.
- Also, try to be reasonable when you are presenting an opinion or judgment on any issue.
- Present a few opposing opinions to deliver a balanced perspective.
Not necessarily, you have to justify the opposing views; you can pose your argument in such a way that they can counter these opposing opinions and establish your claim more firmly. Here are some tips that can help you draft a compelling body for your analysis essay.
- Select a topic sentence for the argument you are going to discuss. This should be the first line of the respective paragraph. The topic sentence not only introduces the argument but also indicates how the arguments relate to the thesis statement.
- Present the context for the topic sentence whether it reflects a specific incident in the society or something else. Offer convincing evidence on who, what, why, when, where, and how.
- Give a comprehensive analysis of the argument and show how it proficiently proves your thesis.
- Conclude the paragraph with a sentence that sums up the paragraph and transitions smoothly to the next paragraph.
Since there will be three paragraphs for most of the cases, you should perform these tricks on each of those paragraphs to make the whole essay more comprehensive. Once you are done writing the body part, you’ll be left with only one segment, i.e. the conclusion.
- Finish the essay in style
Conclusions do not usually take too much space. It is a short and simple paragraph that summarizes everything that has been described in the essay. Since it’s the last thing that the readers find in the essay, it needs to leave powerful enough to leave a long-lasting impression on the reader. You can use these following steps to draft an effective conclusion for your essay.
- Mention the thesis statement once again in conclusion and talk briefly about your argument(s).
- You need to prove that your argument crosses the boundary of literary analysis and carries a more significant part in understanding the bigger picture. Taking the instance of "To Kill a Mockingbird", your essay should be able to highlight the racial inequality in not just the novel but also in today's society. Your essay should consider how it is influencing the members of the society.
So that is it! With these set of tricks and tips, you can draft an awe-inspiring analysis essay in no time. Also to ensure you don't leave any error in the copy, do perform multiple revisions on the copy and make editing adjustment if it seems necessary. You may never know one simple mistake in the copy can ruin the whole essence of the analysis essay. So be a little careful about the small details. And also make sure the content is plagiarism-free. Your informative essay won't make the cut if it's filled with traces of plagiarism.
Struggling to manage time for your due essay? Visit essayassignmenthelp.com.au and relieve yourself from the stress of getting the necessary assistance from the professionals
Due to a busy schedule and an overwhelming academic pressure, a lot of students fail to manage adequate time for their homework and pending assignments. Essays are comparatively shorter in length, but coming up with a fresh topic and gathering the relevant information for the essay can be a bit time-consuming. If you are running a little short on time and your essay is due in a couple of days or less, you can delegate the task to the experienced essay writers at essayassignmenthelp.com.au.
Essayassignmenthelp.com.au is one of the finest essay help providers in the Australia and the past couple of years it has helped thousands of students from different parts of the country submit an impressive essay prior to the deadline.
Essayassignmenthelp.com.au has some of the most skilful writers in the country in their team, which gives the company an edge in producing remarkable essays. Being equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure also allows the writers to deliver impeccable pieces of content in lesser time.
There are several custom services to choose from at essayassignmenthelp.com.au, and the best thing is that you don't need to make a dent in your budget to avail these services. All the services at essayassignmenthelp.com.au cost a nominal amount of money, making it affordable to every student in the country. Also, the round-the-clock online assistance helps the students maintain a seamless communication with the experts so that they can exchange their views on the essay and make it more comprehensive.