Admin December 14, 2017
Admin December 16, 2017
Admin December 19, 2017
Admin December 27, 2017
Admin January 4, 2018
Craft an Unforgettable College Essay With These Expert Tips
Talking about college essays, let us begin with admission essays first. When asked how one can quickly start with writing an application essay, Dr Joyce V. Brown, a Counseling consultant at Chicago Public schools, says: “Starting the essay is the toughest part. To start with any article, especially admission essay, brainstorming about your personality traits and defining your strengths can get you started with an essay.”
Your struggle with essay writing starts with preparing your college admission essay. Joey, a philosophy graduate from The University of Sydney, recalls his difficult days. “When I finally started thinking that I am done with requesting recommendations, the unfinished admission essay started giving me trouble. My Idea of writing an admission essay was way different than what it is in reality; one needs to be ready to invest ‘life' in order to get it done.” Admission process might seem like a circus, and you need to play along to get an approval on your admission essay.
While you spend days, weeks and even months perfecting your personal statements, an admission officer is likely to spend three to five minutes in reading them. According to Jim Rawlins, directors of admission at University of Oregon, “admission officers generally want to know about the last 17 years into 600 words. So you need to showcase your unique style of writing against thousands of other applicants.”
Lily Klass, a Milford High School Graduate, says: “At times it becomes hard to find the perfect balance between sounding professional and smart without using any long word. While working on my admission essay, I was having trouble with reflecting myself without sounding rude and arrogant.”
Writing an admission essay is just the beginning of it. You need to write hundreds of compositions in your college years. To smoothly deal with so many essay assignments, you need to learn some writing tips and techniques that actually work.
In this blog, you are going to get expert tips on how to dodge all bullets and present perfect essay not only at the time of admission but every time you sit to work on four main distinctive types of articles.
Follow this blog to leap from average to the best.
How to write a compelling admission essay
Unlike every other facet of your application process, you get to control your essay. When you are getting this chance, make sure you use it up to every ounce. While writing the essay make sure that the glimpse you provide to the admission committee about your career goals, character traits, backgrounds should be the very best possible.
Meredith Reynolds, Associate Director of Admissions at Tufts University, says: “Each year about half of the candidates submit their application in last few days, right before the deadline. The rate of early submission is so horribly low that it seems even our early birds know how to procrastinate.”
So as a future applicant what you can do to avoid any last minute rash? How to set your application essay apart from the rest?
An admission essay should be a reflective one. The first step of writing the best application essay is reflecting on your unique background, interests and personalities. This is your chance to tell your story in the unique way possible. The best way to tell your story is to write a personal yet thoughtful essay. Always choose something that has some meaning to you. While writing, you need to be honest so that your unique character traits shine through the write-up.
While writing the admission essay remember that the admission officer has to read vast numbers of college essays, and believe it or not, it is a monotonous task. So try to sound smart and unique while writing your admission essay. Many students write about something that they don't care about, they write it just to impress the admission officers, and that is where they make this huge mistake.
You always don't need to start your own business or spend summer hiking to come up with an impressive essay writing idea. Colleges look for a thoughtful and motivational piece which is promising enough to add up something.
So, here are few tips on how to write an admission essay
- Make it unique for you, your personal experiences, your perceptions and your ideas
- Pick something about which you actually care
- Start writing as soon as possible
- Write a lot
- Then rewrite and make necessary changes, amendments and edit an already written piece
- Show it to other people so that obvious mistakes get rectified, and you get better inputs from others. You can show it to your friends, peers, parents even to someone who is in senior year of college
- Are you proud of it?
Prior to submitting, think about it – is this the best you can offer, are you satisfied with the work that you have done, is it definitely going to woo the admission officers as well!
The most popular types of essays that you need to write in college
- Narrative essay
- Expository Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Descriptive Essay
As the name suggests, writing narrative essay means narrating your personal experiences, yes it is more like writing your admission essay all over again. Why writing a narrative essay is crucial? It can be little unnerving for students who aren't really good at summing things up. While writing a narrative essay, you need to slightly sum things up for your readers than explaining things widely. The best part of writing a narrative essay is you need to allow your readers to draw their own conclusions; although you can subtly guide them to reach your desired conclusion.
Here are the tips that can help you write a narrative essay
Being clear about what you want to write about is fundamental criteria while writing any type of essay. Complicated words and syntax should be ditched to make an essay clear to understand. While writing a narrative essay, you should focus on clearly distributing ideas between sentences and paragraphs.
- Avoid second person narrative
An essential part of writing a narrative essay is you need to describe the event in the first person. After all, you are narrating your own life story; it needs to be written in the first person.
- Choose dynamic word
To attract readers’ attention, choose potent words. To bind attention of readers, you need to use more powerful words. While writing, avoid sounding too clinical, be less formal and more engaging. Cautiously avoid passive use.
- Limit references
While writing, try to limit your recommendations as too many references can easily destruct readers. If you are going by the MLA format, then you need to keep including in-text citation which is disruptive when it comes to narrative essays. So you can cite every in-text citation in a ‘works consulted' page after writing the conclusion of the essay. Try to leave behind little explanation as you go along; don't keep referring to the previous statement.
The purpose of an expository essay explains a topic straightforwardly and logically. While writing this kind of descriptive essay, your main motto should present a fair and balanced analysis of a topic. The expository essay should be more factual with no to little reference to writer's opinion or emotions.
- The most important sentence is the introductory or topic sentence which states the main idea of the essay. The thesis sentence should clearly be written without giving any opinion or taking any position. A good thesis should be well defined and should come with a manageable scope which can be explicitly addressed in five paragraphs.
- Each of the three body paragraphs should clearly cover separate points. Topic sentences of each paragraph should offer facts and examples in support of the paragraph’s topic.
- A thesis statement should be written in the introduction part and should be reinforced in the concluding paragraph. In conclusion, you should bind all the loose ends together; you should never include any new idea to the conclusion part.
- Since an expository essay discusses only event, situations and views of others and don't discuss anything about a personal experience you should always write an article in the third person and cautiously avoid ‘I' and ‘you' sentences.
As the name suggests, you need to pursue your readers in believing that specific ideas are more valid than others. The purpose of writing a persuasive essay is to encourage readers to accept a particular point of view. To pursue readers into believing or act in a specific way, you need to write your essay while being based on sound logic and must contain factual evidence to support arguments.
How to write a persuasive essay?
- Before you start writing a persuasive essay try to think about what do you feel and think about the issue? While writing a persuasive essay, be aware of any prejudices which might affect your arguments.
- Know your audience before you start writing your essay. Make sure your audience will agree with your stance. You must thoroughly understand both sides of the issue so that you can successfully argue your point of view.
- Thoroughly research your topic before you take sides or start writing your arguments. The main point of a persuasive essay is to offer compelling evidence to disapprove the opposing argument. Before you start working on your persuasive essay, you need to visit library repeatedly in order to get detailed information so that it becomes easier for you to take a stance.
- Try to think about the structure of your essay, make sure what evidence you need to include and in which order it will be more convincing. At the time of writing arguments, make sure you are adding relevant and logical arguments.
- To support your arguments, you always need to use hard facts and statistics which you can gather from reliable sources like journals, reference reads, personal experience. While writing an essay be very cautious about plagiarism as you are taking information from other sources. Cite your sources properly to avoid any chance of accidental plagiarism. In case you are including statistics, make sure you are verifying it from multiple sources. Without data, your argument will never be cogent and convincing.
- In the discussion phase, try to add direct quotes from experts on the subject and finally provide meaningful examples to clearly illustrate your arguments.
Writing a descriptive essay means creating a picture with words in your audiences' mind. In order to bind their attention to your write-up, you need to take up specific steps. To make your essay a great hit, you need to do a lot of hard work which starts with the first phase of writing a descriptive essay which is to lay the groundwork for the entire essay.
- Choose a topic
A descriptive essay usually focuses on a single event, person or idea. When you are writing your essay, your main motto is to convey your concept so vividly that it becomes straightforward for readers to get to the main point of your discussion. Be concise and write clearly.
- Write the thesis statement
After deciding the topic, you need to write a thesis statement. The thesis statement is a single idea which will be prominent throughout your essay. The thesis statement does not only set out the purpose of the essay but also regulates the way information is going to be conveyed while writing the essay. The thesis statement needs to be in the introductory paragraph. The opening section needs to be written in a specific way so that it sets out the topic framework.
- In the next step, you need to create an outline
The next step is to create a proper framework related to the discussion of each paragraph. Without an appropriate draft, you will never be able to give a proper shape to your essay. Generally, high school students are asked to write a five-paragraph essay while in college you will get more freedom with the length of your essay. Depending on the length of your essay prepare an outline first and get it approved by your professor. If you are sticking to the standard five-paragraph essay, then prepare a draft like following:
- An introductory paragraph with the inclusion of thesis statement
- Three Body paragraphs to provide arguments in support of the thesis statement.
- Write the conclusion
Finally, you need to write, the conclusion paragraph that will reinforce the thesis statement. You positively need to reaffirm your thesis as then only your idea will be thoroughly conveyed. You need to be cautious while writing the conclusion for it is the final thing which will be read by your readers and will linger in their mind for long.
How can Essayassignmenthelp.com.au help you to be on the right track with every type of essay assignments?
In case you have already hired writing services to get it over with any tough essay, you already know that hiring writing help can be equally nerve wrecking like working on a complex essay assignment. Unlike our competitors, we are transparent about our services and always try to make it the best experience for students.
At Essayassignmenthelp.com.au, we always keep students in the loop by letting them choose writers
The best part of choosing us to write your essay is you get to oversee the entire writing process and get to choose the best deal. Unlike many other paper help agencies, we don't keep students in the dark and impose hidden charges. You need to upload your requirements; once you are done uploading your assignment requirements, our writer starts bidding on it and you get to choose the best writer with the best deal. As the writer keeps working on your assignment, you can review the work, and once you are satisfied with the quality you can clear the payment.
Why do you need to consider us if you are stuck with writing an essay?
Does the thought of writing a recent essay give you a chill down the spine? Do you struggle to come up with a new idea on how to shape your piece? If you feel that writing essay isn't really your forte, then it is always the best idea to avail essay writing help from those who know everything about writing an excellent essay. Essayassignmenthelp.com.au is one of the leading and most reliable academic writing help providers in Australia that can offer you any sort of assistance to help you achieve your academic goal.
So if you are tired of being an average student in the class, then hiring our in-house expert will land you with the best chance of scoring high. To stand out in the crowd with your impressive essay, hire our writers, today.
Our writers are best one when it comes to writing an essay. We also offer assistance with dissertation, thesis, case study and other related assignments but writing a piece is our forte. While you sulk with your average scores, toppers steal all the limelight and appreciation. This will not happen again for our in-house expert essayists will assist you to write the best essays throughout your college years. Hire us and let us do all the hard work and we promise to help you make the best impression.
While hiring our writers, we only choose the best experts with years of experience and in-depth knowledge about writing assignments. For writing essays, we specially hire essayists. So try out our services and see the difference in your grades!