"In every single thing you would do, you are choosing a direction. Your life is a product of choices." – Dr. Kathleen Hall
We know the task of drafting a mind-blowing and hard-hitting motivational speech topic is not a walk in the park. Inspiring speech ideas that can motivate audiences and hundreds of people out there begins with picking the right topic. The topic you choose will be the deciding factor for the success of the write-up.
Students, who have been allocated with motivational speech topics during their academic years, fall short of interpreting the right set of requirements in the first place. While the internet is overflowing with issues ideas for inspirational speeches, nobody speaks of the methods.
Here is a concise analysis of the methods students should undertake to develop groundbreaking motivational speech write-up. Here you go:
If you can, take some time out to understand who you are going to write the speech for. Also, if possible, talk to your instructor if you are free to research about the client. Once you have a complete idea about the audience's demographic, structure and adjust the speech to earn the best possible chance to connect with them.
A motivational speech can engage the audiences even better if you start writing it with a story. Weave a story that people can connect with, a famous personality, or so familiar that everyone in the audience can feel the pain.
To make it more engaging, write in the third person, pick a hero for the story, add examples and reactions of the hero to initiate growth, and confirm it has a beginning, middle, and end. This is a three-act structure that will ensure that people will engage more with the speech.
- Use Monroe’s motivated sequence
If all else fails, use the techniques of organising motivational sequence developed by Alan H. Monroe, a professor at the Pursue University, in the mid-1930s. Monroe's motivated sequence has passed the test of time for being flexible and applicable in various situations. Explain sequences like attention, need, satisfaction, etc. by using this sequence. The organisation motivational sequence comprises five factors. Those are-
- Write an exceptional speech.Get the attention of your audience with humor, a shocking statistic, or a rhetorical question.
- Establish that audiences need to believe that there is a problem.Back up the statement with statistics and recent incidents.
- Introduce methods that will help the audience believe that solution is possible. Discuss the facts and stats.
- Help the audiences visualise the future through your speech. The more live and informative the vision, the better it will create the desire to do what you recommend.
- Finally, finish your speech by leaving your audience with specific things that will induce food for thoughts.As you have ended the speech, it is their time to start working for development.
Monroe's motivated sequence is a basic formula that students can learn and employ every time they have a task for writing a motivational speech. We are sure that you will undoubtedly be impressed with the results!
Looking for Motivational Speech Topic Ideas? Here are 75+ Suggestions to Choose From
Getting your hands on the hottest topics for public speaking or the one that can change the audiences’ perspective and force them to take action- uncovering the best in class motivational speech ideas are now easy.
Take a glance at the list of motivational speech topics below, handpicked by the finest of academicians and bloggers for the students. We have categorised the list in segments like inspirational topics, business topics, college-goers topics, topics for success, and inspirational essay topics for the students. Read on-
Motivational Speeches Ideas About Life
- How to recover from failures?
- Discuss colossal improvements in the human lifespan worldwide.
- Discuss examples of independent thinking.
- Value of humility in a narcissistic world.
- Ways to become the best version of yourself.
- What is the role of women in changing the world?
- Most significant failures of History.
Motivational Speech Topic Ideas for Students
- Personal experience is more valuable than knowledge gained at school.
- Conscious living results in personal growth.
- Having to do things that we do not enjoy doing is called discipline.
- Teens who play violent games do worse in school than teens who do not.
- Believe in your capacities, and you will be able to do a lot of good results.
- Mention some people who rose like Pheonix.
- What makes winners a winner?
Motivational Persuasive Speech Topic Ideas
- Changes in human attitude or social values.
- Is there any link between personal experiences, professional or personal goals?
- Why introverts make good leaders?
- Why should alcohol be illegal?
- Should teachers pass a necessary exam every few years to renew their certification?
- Should more recycling be encouraged?
- Are Free trade agreements bad for workers?
Motivational Speech Topic Ideas for Youth
- Are there any relations and differences between ability, motivation, and attitude?
- Can happiness be measured?
- Are battles necessary?
- Life with fun is more important or life with work?
- Why Do We Sleep?
- Can AI and machine learning lead efficiency?
- What actions should humans take for the sake of a green future?
Motivational Speech Topic Ideas for Teenagers
- Should there be stricter laws for protecting endangered species?
- Should there be stricter laws for protecting endangered species?
- Do you think female workers should have the same salary as male workers?
- Are people morally obligated to help the poor?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Should teenagers be allowed to purchase violent video games?
- What do you think about parental pressure on child actors and athletes?
Motivational Speeches Topic Ideas About Success
- Importance of teamwork
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- How positive thinking helps
- World’s greatest leaders
- Victim or victor from change-your choice.
- Make a living-make a difference.
- Detour to Dreams-Hope is not a four letter word.
Motivational Topic Ideas for Employees
- Focus on the positive to produce professional & personal success
- The seven cliche words in business – 'We have always done it that way.'
- Increase brand loyalty, turn complaints to opportunities.
- How to set realistic goals?
- How to achieve targets without getting stressed?
- How our differences make us unique?
- Is social media going to affect your marketing plan?
Motivational Speech Topic Ideas About Public Speaking
- Should students be given access to free contraception?
- Bad language music should be banned from school dances.
- Sex education should be a part of the curriculum in schools.
- Is technology changing the world, and how will it affect our lives? Also, explain the change you have seen in your life.
- How to start believing in yourself?
- Can waking up at 4 AM every morning change your life?
- Ways to break bad habits.
Motivational Speech Topic Ideas for Teachers
- Why is bullying evil?
- Money Making Idea for students.
- Students should not be forced to read 'classic' literature.
- The voting age should be lowered to 16 years.
- All students should learn a foreign language.
- The outsourcing of work in developing countries makes it hard for unqualified teenagers to earn a living wage.
- Gay and lesbian relationships should be promoted among students in a positive light.
Motivational Business Speech Topic Ideas
- When will AI exceed human performance?
- Potential for the super greenhouse effect on the Earth.
- What is leadership style, and how to determine the most suitable for your personality?
- Why should you visit at least five countries by the time you are 30?
- Top reasons why best employees invest in employee wellness programs.
- LGBT workers are protected from workplace discrimination.
- Why do we need to support local businesses?
Good Motivational Speech Topic Ideas for Nursing
- Should placebo treatments be used in medicine?
- Should nurses be allowed to put an end to the lives of suffering patients?
- Governments should encourage more men to become nurses.
- Religion vs. medicine.
- Can understaffed hospitals be blamed for the lower quality of care?
- Proper pain management should be made available to everyone.
- Birth control must be made available without parents' consent to students at hospitals.
How to choose a motivational speech topic? How to ace in writing a motivational speech that the professors will readily approve? Find out the necessary steps that you should tag along. It’s easier to speak on generic, informative, or entertainment topics than taking up something inspiring or motivational. The best path to take when writing a motivational speech effective is to say with conviction. Effective speech writing can make a difference to the audience and, thereby, the society, in its small way.
Are You Struggling to Draft a Motivational Speech for Your College? Let EssayAssignmenthelp.com.au Take Care of It for You.
Are you someone who has no idea how to and where to begin a motivational speech write-up? Fret not! You have EssayAssignmentHelp by your side. Get in touch with us today to receive an information-rich, plagiarism-free, and high quality motivational-speech write-up.
Moreover, you do not have to worry about the process. We have the exclusive customised pricing rate system for the students, which get altered as per requirements. Apart from motivational speech writing, we have a pool of 5000+ PhD-qualified essay writers who assist students in more than 100 disciplines.
The perks available at our website are-
- 24*7 customer support
- Excellent after-sale service
- Fantastic discounts across the year
- Freebies, blogs, and samples
Connect with us to put an end to your queries today.