A research paper is like an extended essay that brings forth your interpretations, arguments and evaluation. You need to analyse a perspective or argue a given point and come to a solid conclusion at the end of the paper. There are multiple types of research papers and all of them have two things in common:
- Your own thinking and analysis
- Evidence from other’s ideas and information
It is one of the most common forms of academic writing. Professors usually look for an evaluation of the original research, along with interpretation from other scholars in the same niche.
Selecting a High school research paper topic can be the most challenging part of writing a research paper. It takes a lot of time to choose a topic that might work for you. Consider yourself lucky if your teacher assigns the topic. Most of the time instructors ask you to select a topic of your interest.
Before selecting the topic to write your high school research paper, make sure that they follow certain characteristics.
What are the Characteristics of a Good Research Paper Topic?
The first thing that determines the success of your research paper is your research topic. Based on your research paper topic, your readers can deduce what your paper is about. The topic of your high school research paper must include the points listed below:
- It must be interesting.
- It must be narrow.
- It must meet the assignment requirements.
- It must be clear and precise.
- It must be well-defined and well-phrased.
- It must have a simple language.
Once you are aware of the characteristics of a good research paper topic, it is time to know how to select a research paper topic.
5 Tips to Choose a Winning High School Research Paper Topic
Check out the tips to choose a perfect high school research paper topic:
1. Do Quality Research
While searching for the research paper topic, go online. You can visit online forums and check what other people have written over the years. Previous research papers are often available in online libraries. You can refer them too. Take ideas from them, but do not copy.
2. Choose a Topic That Picks Your Interest
It is a good idea to write on a topic that picks your interest. If you do not like the topic, you will not feel motivated to finish the task. Therefore, choose a topic that makes you eager.
3. Consider the Scope of Your Topic
If you select a broad topic, you may find it difficult to gather information that is focused and relevant. If you choose a topic that is too narrow, you will be unable to find any information at all. Perhaps, you might find some information, but that will not be enough. Therefore, you should start with a broad research and then narrow it down as you gather more information.
4. Focus on Your Topic
Consider the top 2-3 ideas and read a general encyclopaedia article on them. Focussing on the topic will enable you to get an overview of your idea. If you find any difficulty, discuss the topic with your teacher. You will surely get help.
5. List Out Important Keywords
It is one of the most crucial steps in finding the best research paper topic. While making the research list, find useful keywords that describe your topic. Find synonyms and relevant terms to widen your search. For example, if you are writing your maths research paper, go for keywords like Algebra, geometry or probability.
List of 55+ High School Research Paper Topics
A good high school research paper topic doesn’t just happen. It takes great effort to determine what kind of topic will help you to write a stellar research paper. Selecting a winning research paper topic can be mind-boggling.
In this blog, you will find 55+ High school research paper topics from various fields such as
- Social Media
- Nursing Students
- Criminal Justice
It is time to check out some good topics for different niches. Let’s begin. Listed below are 55+ top research paper topics for students:
Research Paper Topics for Education
- Modern approaches to education.
- Educational discrimination and its impact on students
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling?
- Do grades do justice to students’ knowledge?
- How to manage bullies and take actions against bullying at education institutions?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- Can the present education system create geniuses?
- Role of the government in making the teaching profession more appealing.
Research Paper Topics for Medicine
- Should drugs be advertised directly to consumers?
- Is being a vegetarian useful for the child’s health?
- Medical treatment for mental diseases: success and failure
- Alcohol, smoking and substance abuse: Effects on human health
- Eating disorders – anorexia and bulimia
- Attention deficit disorder
- Adverse effects of dietary supplements
- Role of weight loss surgery
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How can alternative energy help to preserve natural resources?
- Effective ways of reducing air pollution.
- Possible risks of climate change and global warming
- Should more films about environmental issues be produced?
- How dangerous is GMO food?
- Dangers of scuba diving and underwater exploration
- How much is too much noise? What should we do to curb it?
- How to elaborate the optimal adaptation of buildings threatened by hurricanes?
Research Paper Topics for Maths
- Fundamental mathematical theorems
- Astronomy and maths
- Maths and probabilities
- The relationship between music and maths
- Why is ‘x’ the unknown?
- Should high school math contests be banned?
- Quantum theory and maths
- Greek maths theory
- Maths in nature
Research Paper Topics on Sports
- What are the threats experienced by female athletes in active and competitive sports?
- Is it true that male athletes get through more wounds and traumas than their female peers? Prove it.
- What is the medication for treating post-traumatic injuries?
- What are the ways trainers can motivate athletes to work more productively without exhaustion?
- What are the positive and negative effects of caffeine on the performance of athletes?
- Analyse the statistics of injuries in Basketball and the methods to prevent the same.
- Describe the biomechanics of muscles in the cycle of Nordic walking
- What is the significance of the Hawk-Eye complex in cricket matches?
Research Paper Topics on Social Media
- Does social media encourage cyberbullying and manipulative games leading to suicide and other forms of cruelty?
- What are the positive and negative sides of letting schoolchildren use social media?
- Why do teenagers get addicted to social media and how to fight that addiction?
- How can social media help at the time of natural disasters?
- Is social media really about connecting people?
- How safe is it for students to get a job on Facebook?
- Is social media responsible for the rising rates of kidnapping and assaults?
- How to differentiate between the lie and reality on social media?
Research Topics on Nursing
- How to manage fears and anxiety due to illnesses?
- Analyse the acute coronary syndrome treatment
- What are the non-chemical practises for bipolar disorder?
- Explain the cases of acute migraine and how to treat them along with examples.
- What about the maternal and neonatal practises in rural areas?
- Analyse the Joint Disorders in the elderly population
- Describe the data collection ethics in primary healthcare
- What are the unexplained symptoms in ER?
Research Topics on Criminal Justice
- Is medical marijuana a leak?
- Analyse the importance of eyewitness evidence
- What are the benefits of private prisons?
- What are the different substance abuse prevention methods?
- Highlight the racial conflicts in college campuses
- Explain the procedure of criminal justice court
- Your opinions on the legal code in the various American States
- Analyse the history of criminal ethics
Select research paper topics from the list and create a perfect paper. Have you tried any of the above-listed topics for your research paper? What are the results? Let us know about your views in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you.
Are You Unable to Select the Best Research Paper Topic? Hold the Hands of the Experts of Essayassignmenthelp.com.au
If you are unable to select the best research paper topic, log on to Essayassignmenthelp.com.au. Equipped with a bunch of talented research paper writers, we cater to the students across the world. Our essay writers are subject matter experts and have spent considerable years writing quality research papers. The experts will help you to select the best topic for your research paper and guide you through the writing process.
Some amazing perks of hiring our experts:
- Quality research papers – Our writers make sure to write all the papers from scratch to maintain its originality.
- Affordable pricing – We have kept all our services pocket-friendly so that you can hire our services irrespective of your low budget.
- 24*7 live support – Our experts provide active support all day and night. You can reach them via phone or drop your queries in the chat section.
- 100% payment security – We guarantee 100% payment security every time you place an order with us.
- Attractive discounts – Get a discount of flat 30% on your first order.
- 100% plagiarism free papers – Our experts scan the paper to detect the traces of plagiarism through reliable plagiarism detecting software.
Hurry up! Contact us today, specify your requirements and make the payment. A flawless he research papers will be sent to you soon.